Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 16: Sunday, April 20th, 2008 (Going Home – Dire Straits)

9:49am (EST) – Sitting in Chicago airport waiting to board my final plane to Cleveland. I got in at 12:05am EST this morning. I decided to get a room at the Hilton. I checked in and went to their bar and had a delicious draught Guiness. When I got to my room I showered and attempted to wash my socks.

I got up this morning at 7:30am CST and got ready and checked out. I walked to my terminal and went through security. The lady made me take off my hat and glasses to confirm my identity. I got some Starbucks and went to my gate where I got my boarding pass. I’m now waiting by my gate. It will be another hour before we board.

I got in to Cleveland around 1pm. Mia met me down at the baggage claim and gave me a huge hug. It was great to be back. We drove her to Aurora where she had play practice, but we stopped at Wendy’s and got some lunch. I showed her the pictures I had on my blackberry and gave her the presents I had for her. Then I drove home took another shower and napped.

It had been a great trip, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was totally worth it. I can see why Ben is doing what he’s doing.

I don’t know if it was a life-changing experience, but it definitely gave me some things to think about.

Maybe I’ll go back someday, maybe I won’t. Either way I’ve at least got the memories of these 2 weeks of ‘Ben and Ben in Bolivia.’

No comments: