Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 15: Saturday, April 19th, 2008 (Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root)

4:33am – We ate last night in an all-natural restaurant next to our hostel. I had soup and a “green dream” sandwich. We talked about the trip. After that we came back here and watched the end of “The Matrix” before falling asleep.

I’m up now and packed to go. We’re going to catch a taxi to the airport.

We got to the taxi a little after five and found out my plane was delayed. We had to wait in line to check in for over an hour, then wait in another line to pay an airport fee. We got some breakfast at Burger King. It was tough to say goodbye. We were both sad the trip was ending. It had been a good time. Ranz had to get back to the bus terminal, though, to catch an 8am bus to Oruro, so we said our goodbyes and I went through security towards the terminal.

7:53am – I’m sitting in La Paz airport waiting to board the place. It was supposed to leave at 6:45am, but we haven’t boarded yet. Ranz and I got here a little before 5am and spent over an hour waiting in line to check in. I then had to pay a $24 airport fee. We got Burger King for breakfast (tastes the same as in the US) and I bought some headphones. We said goodbye and I went through security.

12:32pm – I am on the plane to Miami now. The flight left La Paz around 9am and left Santa Cruz around 11am. We are supposed to get into Miami around 5:30pm. I got to move up to a different seat because there was an empty exit row seat and the guy next to me had a baby. The movie playing has Robin Williams and the girl from Felicity*. We just finished eating our meal. I had beef and it took forever to cut with the plastic fork and knife.

*I learned the movie was called August Rush.

4:50pm – Still on the plane. Watched P.S. I Love You. Slept a little. They just served us a snack. We’re about 45 minutes out still.

Back on US soil! I got my bags and went through customs, then checked in for my next flight (I had to get my boarding pass for Chicago to Cleveland still).

7:37pm – Sitting in Miami airport. I got through customs fine. I got some Starbucks and Quiznos. Talked to Mia and Mom and Dad. Now waiting to go to Chicago at 8:55pm.

I got in to Chicago at 11pm local time and checked in to the Hilton at the airport. A hot shower felt so good and the bed was so comfortable. Not much longer before getting home now.

No comments: